25 February, 2009

A thought I had today in my (boring) Film Analysis screening

It's a well-know fact, fringing on cliché here in Iowa City that 90% of the people who attend the University of Iowa are either from Des Moines or "a suburb of Chicago." I think, therefore, that it is worth noting when I come across someone from a place that does not fall into either category outlined above. 

In the past week and a half, I've met people from Rochester, New York; Madison, Wisconsin; and Los Angeles, California. This bring the number of people I've met (not even people that I personally know) from states other than Iowa and Illinois to just 11, a number I find slightly low. I've previously met someone else from Rochester, NY as well as people from Potosi, WI; Dearborn Heights, MI; Anchorage, AK; St. Louis, MO; Minneapolis, MN; and Omaha, NE. I've also met a girl from London, England, which is equally cool. 

I don't know why I find this so significant, but I do. I just think there's something to be said for meeting people from other places on this Earth of ours.

Songs listened to while composing this entry:

much respect
josh

No comments: