10 March, 2009

a day to listen to radiohead.

There couldn't be a grayer day possible for Iowa City today. Bleak and rainy outside, the fog is so thick that it's harder so see much further than about 50 yards or so, but that might just be my near-sightedness kicking in.

Frankly, though, I love these sorts of days. It isn't really cold (in fact there's next to no wind, so it feels like it's in the mid-50s) and I've gathered that the weather in England is not all that dissimilar to this. There's just something about it that makes me feel productive and professional inside. I have the sudden urge to dress up more than what is really necessary and get things done for the sheer sense of accomplishment. Simultaneously, however, I'm starting to get really weary of classes and spring break (which is this next week) could not be coming at a better time.

Also, for all of you facebook addicts out there, my friend Ming Tran sent me this video. I relate to it and can't help but chuckle (and be just a tad fearful inside) that communication has distilled itself all the way down to this.

much respect
josh

PS: As I finished writing this post, some frat guy (no I'm not profiling, he was wearing his letters) walks through the slightly busier than normal coffee house where I happen to be at this moment in time, and loudly moaned, "What the f*ck is it with these people? Don't they have jobs?" I'm not a truly violent person, but I have never wanted to punch someone so hard in my life, and I'm guessing, judging by the look on their faces, a number of other patrons feel the same.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Haha. Which coffeehouse were you at? Something similar happened at javajuice.